Monday, March 7, 2011

New Spring Bag!





The last bag I made was starting to look a little dingy, so it was time for a new one!  I definitely wanted to make something with spring in mind.  I have loved this Drawing Room fabric by Anna Maria Horner at first sight, and I have been hoarding this yard of fabric for what seems like forever.  I even have a little bit left for something else! 

Look at this large back pocket!

 The pattern is The Knotted Bag by Craft Apple  .The pattern was very well written with very helpful diagrams and instructions, and I think it produces a very well made bag.  The only thing I don't like about it is that the bag doesn't have gussets.  I think gussets give bags a nice depth.  I made the large bag, as I always have lots of stuff going into my bags.  I love the size!  


This is the inside- made with some Good Folks.


I love the droopy bow!

The only thing I changed for the pattern was to add an inch to each side of the straps because they looked a little short to me, and it gives a little more wiggle room.  

6 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty! I love that material too and talked so much about it (apparently!) that my friend gave me a yard for my birthday. I think it is destined for a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love this bag, the pattern, everything! I wish I had some Drawing Room, it's very lovely on a bag like this! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Very well made too! I'm glad you made something for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very springy but I love your previous post on teh quilt...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...